Monday, August 11, 2014

Rubbish Tuesday #15

Another Monday morning. Mr. Coffee is dripping slower than normal. Gramps might need to be replaced with a newer model. He's been a good 'ol boy, but it may be time to lay him to rest in the rubbish bin. I better hurry and get this post finished so I can run down to the local convenience store for a cup of Joe.
Everything is looking spring green again after our nearly three days of rain. I've taken many pictures of this old barn, but it was looking especially nice with the flowers in bloom.
This truck has been parked along the road to Bro O's for several years now. The property owner keeps the area mowed, but time is taking its toll on this old abandoned fella.
This old Ford tractor is gathering its share of rust. It is sitting in a lot near a mechanics garage, just off the town square. Not sure if it is there because it is for sale or perhaps merely for decoration.
Another old barn I've posted before. You can tell from the haze how humid it was. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will join in the fun.

My idea was to have a place to post 'old things'.  Anything old and/or deteriorating such as old houses, barns, outbuildings, old cars, rusty things, antiques, interesting junk, or it can be something in pristine condition, but just old. 


1. Link to a post featuring photos of something old.
2. Link back to Rubbish by Roan in your post.
3. As time allows, visit other participants and comment on their posts.






27 comments:

Tom said...

Great collection...mine this week isn't as rubbishy as normal. Have a good one. Tom The Backroads Traveller

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i love the sunflowers & that old truck. always a fan of an old junky truck!! ( :

TexWisGirl said...

lucky you on the rain! :) love the first shot.

since my coffee maker died one time, i keep a back-up in my pantry. :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Love that old truck. Hope you got your cup of Joe as I would have trouble starting any day without a cup or two.

I haven't anything old to share today...so I need to search through my archives. Perhaps I can find something. :)

Debby Ray said...

Sunflowers always make any photo better...I especially love the first one!

Jenn Jilks said...

3 days of rain! Oh my. There needs to be a balance!!!
Your barns are lovely.

Gail Dixon said...

The old truck appears to be frowning. Love this set!

A Colorful World said...

Hang in there...I know this meme is going to grow! I can't wait to contribute myself! I know my Mom will if I can just get her going! :-) Your post is awesome. Steamy summer shots!

Sarah said...

I'd struggle without my morning coffee too!

Love the sunflowers in the first photo, they really complete the picture!

Halcyon said...

I think you need to get a Mrs. Coffee, women tend to outlive men doncha know! ;-)

Nice old stuff. I'll have something for you tomorrow.

Stephanie said...

Wonderful selection of old stuff!

Sharon Wagner said...

The tractor has the perfect backdrop too. Another good week.

Sharon Wagner said...

The tractor has the perfect backdrop too. Another good week.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The barn and the flowers are just gorgeous!!!! They are my favorite today, the tractor seems to have turned into an art piece! Get a Keurig pod coffee maker! We adore ours, you put a pod in and coffee is ready in less than a minute. Also makes teas and chai latte, and hot chocolate. There is a huge selection. It has really saved us from having to stop at Starbucks on the way to wherever. Now we just pop a pod in and are out the door.

Amy Burzese said...

All of my favorite things all in one post. I'm so glad you started this link up.

barbara l. hale said...

Good stuff!

Brian King said...

That first photo is a beauty! Nice combination of flowers and the old barn roof!

betty-NZ said...

Lovely old stuff! The flowers do make quite a good shot.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I LOVE the old truck honestly I love all your photos. Hope it cools down for you. Hug B

LV said...

You did an excellent job on all your old goodies today. I am sure that old truck could tell us some interesting tales if it could talk.

Rose said...

I'm late joining, but am joining anyway. One of my favorite memes and am so glad you host it.

I love that first photo with the sunflowers in front of the old barn.

(We actually had some sunshine this evening!)

Hootin Anni said...

I like 'em all this week, but I think my favorite is the red truck.

Anonymous said...

These are all great. I love each for different reasons, and each would have caught my eye, as well.

doodles n daydreams said...

I do enjoy this space you have provided for us. Love the snap with the sunflowers and the old truck looks a bit down in the mouth. Thanks.

Diana

Anonymous said...

I love that first shot! I am going out today to click some photos for Tuesdays!

Connie Smiley said...

Great tractor shot! Looks like it has put in its service.

Anonymous said...

Sure do love all those sunflowers by that rusty barn roof!

Lots of great 'rubbish' today! :)

I'm trying to get caught up with your posts but I keep getting interrupted. Should be able to link up with this next round - fingers crossed!

Lindy