Saturday, May 3, 2014

Young 'uns

As I often do on my way in to work, I drove by The Rez to check on the Geese living there and this is what I found...
 Goslings! The babies have arrived. I didn't think it would be long since I have only been seeing one hanging out on the water. Still I was a little surprised.
 They were all intersted in finding snacks in the grass...
...not paying any attention to me...
...but someone was.
 When I got to work, I found this little guy singing me a song. Or not. More than likely he was singing to one of those cute little ladies he was trying to woo.
Mr. Sparrow was sitting on a ledge to the right of the rounded part of the window on the far right. My desk is inside the 2nd window from the right, on the ground floor, just behind the air conditioning unit. The old unit was a lot shorter. When we got this new one, I discovered I was sitting in the obstructed view section!

Do you know what the obstructed view section is? A several years ago, my fella at the time and I went on a baseball vacation, seeing games in St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit, Boston, New York, and Philadelphia. We didn't have advance tickets, we merely hoped there would be seats available and there were. This was before the demise of all the old stadiums in these cities. In Detroit the scalpers were out in force offering obstructed views. We decided not to try them even though they were really cheap. What we discovered was, basically you watch the game on a TV bolted to the huge support beams that blocked your view of the field. We made a wise choice in avoiding them even though that scalper was pushing them hard.

Linking to Saturday's Critters

15 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Oh I love Springtime and all the sweet babies! If you know Linda at Prairie Flower Farm she loves babies too and shares so many. Last summer I came upon a mother and her goslings! I have a nice camera and got some great shots! I chuckle because my nephew in Kentucky said to be careful that mama would attack! Duh! I am older but child like mentally! I used my big lens. Hee Hee Ha Ha! I love seeing new life and was outside a bit ago, the dogs were needing a potty break. I was looking at my neglected rose bush. Oh the glorious green buds, made me smile. It pours over into the most glorious array of colorful bright pink rosebuds! I don't do a lot to it but it gives me great pleasure each Spring! Hugs to you today and always! Anne

Amy Burzese said...

Cute, cute, cute.

TexWisGirl said...

adorable little ones! cute little sparrow singer, too.

Cranberry Morning said...

Sweet photo of the geese family!

Beth said...

The babies are so cute.
If you visited STL you must have seen my Cardinals play. I hope they won for you!

Unknown said...

The goslings are adorable! I can't wait to see some here too.

Karen said...

Sweet little goslings!

eileeninmd said...

The goslings are just adorable.. So sweet. Sorry about your obstructed view..Thanks for linking up your post with my critter party.. Have a happy weekend!

Janey and Co. said...

Love the goslings...I could have watched them all day.

That is funny about the obstructed view ....and good advice.!...Janey

Stephanie said...

Adorable goslings!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh those gosling shots are beautiful. Never seen a scalper sell tickets before interesting. B

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

6 bundles of cuteness.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

6 bundles of cuteness.

Noushka said...

Hello Roan,
Many for your sweet comment on my blog!
You seem to live in such a gorgeous area!
You've got a very nice blog!
Enjoy your weekend!

Brian King said...

Lots of young ones around right now...both geese and ducks! They're so cute when they're little and fluffy.