Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday, Monday

Why is it two days at home are a flash and two days at work drag by? Monday is here again!

I spent a large part of the weekend playing frisbee with our pup.

Have you heard that Border Collies are one of the smartest dog breeds? Actually, not one of, THE smartest breed according to Animal Planet. Poodles and German Shepards are next in line.

Below is our much loved Fergus, yes, you got it, a Border Collie. He is extremely intelligent in every aspect except one. When tossing a ball or a frsibee, he is great at catching them, but it's the release he has trouble with. He refuses to give up the ball or the frisbee. Instead of bringing it back, he lays down to have a chew.
I don't know how to solve this problem. Perhaps I need more frisbees to get him to let go of one and catch the other.

Any suggestions?

Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

Linking to Mosaic Monday

Tomorrow is Rubbish Tuesday. I hope you will join in and post your old and/or deteriorating i.e. house, barn, outbuilding, something rusty, antiques, interesting junk, or something in pristine condition which just happens to be old. 


18 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

My advice? Let chewing dogs lie. :-)
We have a dog who is mostly border collie. Boy are they smart! Love all their energy. So glad to find your Rubbish Tuesdays (found at Run-Around-Ranch).

Cranberry Morning said...

Following you via GFC and Feedly.

TexWisGirl said...

fergus is adorable - and WAY too smart, they are! BB was supposed to be rott/lab mix (per the shelter) but after i got her home, i noticed her skulking around in that border collie stance and her hair is too long and wavy for lab. i realized she must be rott/border collie and i told her 'i didn't sign up for this!' :) she is the smartest trouble-maker we've got!

as for frisbee or ball, yes, keep at least two going if you hope to get one returned to you.

i've had a few folks at my post today say they're ALL ABOUT rubbish and hope to join in!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Fergus is awesome. I sure miss our border collie.

Beth said...

Fergus is so cute. I love those photos of him!

Anonymous said...

Fergus is lovely! My dog has had the same problem. I trained him with treats and patience...

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

He's so smart he wants to keep that frisbee all for himself. Beautiful dog as well as smart!

Jane of Levant said...

I love border collies - Bluey is a welsh border collie - there ia s picture of her in the side panel of my blog - she plays ball all the time - and if we are out for a walk she most always finds a ball - she has a nose for a tennis ball - we must have a count of sixty round the house and garden !!Jane UK

Hootin Anni said...

So true, so true. I remember work...a four letter word...lol ---and what really messed me up was thinking a 4 day week because of long 3 day holiday would go by fast. Nope...never.

Cute puppy.

Hi!
I'm trying to catch up on your posts after you left me a comment last week while I was out birding most days along with a national birding convention being held in our city. Hope your week ahead is a good one. Thanks for stopping by to leave me a comment.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i have seen pots or are those jugs? anywho... i have seen similar ones before. such character. ( :

Micupoftea said...

Hello! Your dog sure is handsome! Thanks for stopping by my blog. If you are a DIY person, you can easily make a bird swing. Tips for dogs?http://www.cesarsway.com/tips/trainerscorner/LEAVE-IT
have a great week :)
S

orchid0324 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
orchid0324 said...

Dearest Roan;
So happy to see your sweet pictures of Fergus playing with frisbee♡♡♡
When I was before 30, I had Shetland-sheep-dog with black and white color. He died only 6 years old. He soothed my mind after my fertility after treatment didn't go well. I wish I could have one, but maybe I'm too old for that p;)

Sending you Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

eileeninmd said...

I Love your cute Fergus! My Goldie Girl will catch and want to keep the ball or toy.. And then she will play keep away..Enjoy your week!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dog.

Gail Dixon said...

Border Collies are great dogs and Fergus is so handsome! They have to have a job though, and need a lot of activity. That's why I have to stick with my chihuahuas...the ultimate lap dog. :)

Jenn Jilks said...

I don't have any rubbish!!!
Love your puppy!

Annesphamily said...

That pup is precious! What a colorful post and your photos are always wonderful.