Monday, September 9, 2013

Back in the Day

This is a picture of the movie theater in our town back in the day. I got my fix of Elvis Movies here. You could buy a movie ticket, have popcorn, and a drink for a buck. My how times have changed. This picture must have been taken around 1941, before my time, since the movie, Among the Living was released that year. Billed as a horror/crime thriller, it stared Albert Dekker, Susan Hayward, and Frances Farmer. I've never heard of it, but, just for fun, think I'll see if I can find it. Hopefully it still exists. The movie theatre was torn down in the late 60s or early 70s to make way for a parking lot. It's too bad, since the kids without concerned parents in our area have nothing at all to do on Saturday night except walk the streets and get into trouble. A sad song repeated in small towns around the country.
 Feeling nostalgic, I decided to add a little sepia to the post today.
 Above is the picture of a road I took. It was very sunny, which washed out the colors. Delete or sepia...sepia won out.
This is Bro O's cabin which is a nice hike to the west of his house. It sits in the woods beside a pond. Nice place to camp. If you look at the screen door and not the sliding window, it could be 1941.

Happy Monday!!!

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

fall is a good time for nostalgia. :) i love the cabin...

EG CameraGirl said...

How cool to have a cabin to retreat to when life seems overpowering! I like the cabin in sepia tones to make it look older than it is.

Nancy said...

Would love to have a cabin like that down by our pond... maybe someday.

Molly the Airedale said...

Love the pictures that go back in time ♥

Brian King said...

We actually still have a theater like this on Main Street. It's the only one I'm aware of in the region. Beautiful photos!